Williston students honored
The following Williston students were recently named to their college or university dean’s list or term honors list.
- Christopher P. Nigh, Virginia Tech
- Kathryn Fisher, Bentley University
- Derek Goodwin, Bentley University
- Mark P .Albertson, Northeastern University
- Grace Zebertavage, Northeastern University
- Theresa Fukuda, Providence College
- Matthew Rensch, Providence College
- Jenna Schultz, SUNY Potsdam
- Ryan Landvater, Cornell University
- Kathryn Laughlin, Cornell University
- Jessica Booth, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Renate Dubois, University of Maine at Farmington
- Anna Ring, Syracuse University
- Katherine Goller, Plymouth State University
- Caitlin Chirgwin, Saint Joseph’s University
McClure Foundation awards $450,000 to support postsecondary education
The J. Warren & Lois McClure Foundation recently announced more than $450,000 in support of programs to further the Foundation’s mission of improving access to college and career education for all Vermonters. The bulk of the grants will serve ongoing programs and new initiatives at the Community College of Vermont (CCV), which enrolled over 6,100 Vermonters last fall.
The McClure Foundation, a supporting organization of the Vermont Community Foundation, is one of several philanthropic entities offering continuing support for the Introduction to College Studies program offered at CCV’s twelve Vermont locations. The course assists high school juniors and seniors in developing their study skills and exposing them to college expectations. Upon successfully completing the course, high school students receive a voucher for one free college course at CCV, the University of Vermont, Vermont Tech or Castleton, Lyndon, or Johnson State colleges. “The incredible care and thought with which the McClure Foundation supports career-building and postsecondary education initiatives in Vermont rings true with the spirit of giving practiced by the McClure family,” said Stuart Comstock-Gay, president and CEO of the Vermont Community Foundation. “By funding these programs, the beliefs of the late J. Warren McClure live on. As Mr. McClure said, ‘We have received, we have given; and it is only in giving that we have influence beyond the span of our own lives.’”
Visit www.vermontcf.org or call 802-388-3355 for more information.