Vermont Student Assistance Corp. will offer free workshops at local high schools to help families plan how to pay for college and training after high school.
An Oct. 7 presentation is planned at Champlain Valley Union High School at 6:30 p.m.
The presentations, which normally run 90 minutes to 2 hours, provide students and their parents with information on financial aid and other resources available to pay for college. Time is allotted for questions.
Among the topics covered are: types of financial aid; ways to apply; how family contribution is calculated; how financial aid is awarded; student and parent loans; how to compare college costs and alternative payment options. Dates and times include:
- Oct. 1, 6 p.m. Enosburg Falls High School Auditorium
- Oct. 7, 6:30 p.m. Champlain Valley Union High School
- Oct. 15, 6:30 p.m. Richford High School Library
- Oct. 21, 6:30 p.m. Milton High School
- Oct. 23, 7 p.m. Rice Memorial High School
- Oct. 29, 6:30 p.m. BFA Fairfax
- Oct. 30, 6:30 p.m. Colchester High School