September 16, 2014

Around Town

Share

January 3rd, 2014

Use caution with heat and generators

Vermont officials are advising residents to use caution after carbon monoxide caused the death of a Northeast Kingdom man last week. Carbon monoxide can unknowingly enter homes by a blocked heating vent or an improperly sited generator. Only use generators outdoors and make sure they’re not venting inside. Also, clear snow away from heating vents that may be close to the ground so your heating exhaust isn’t coming back into living areas. To learn more about carbon monoxide, visit www.cdc.gov/co/faqs.htm.

Catalogue ice damage to sugar bushes

USDA Farm Service Agency Vermont State Executive Director Bob Paquin is encouraging maple producers in Vermont who sustained damage from the recent ice storm to contact their county USDA office whether or not they have participated in USDA programs in the past and whether or not they carry crop insurance. FSA’s Emergency Conservation Program may be available to help compensate them for losses.

“It is important to document the damage as a direct result of the ice,” Paquin said.

The Williston office can be reached at 288-8155.

Blood drives scheduled for January

The American Red Cross is set to hold two community blood drives in Williston during the month of January. The first is set for Jan. 5 at Walmart from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The second is set for Jan. 17 at DEW Construction from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Add Comment Register



Speak Your Mind