Williston Central School fourth grader Ava LeClair (left) and her rescue dog, Dovey, visited Mia Troy-Vowell of All Breed Rescue in South Burlington. Ava donated $300, including money received for her birthday, to the rescue shelter, where she got Dovey. Ava said she hopes people adopt adult dogs, such as a mother dog whose puppies were all adopted but is still waiting for a home. Ava got the idea from friend Elsa Miller, who recently donated birthday money to The Greater Burlington Humane Society.
A good deed
June 6, 2013 By
All this weeks News Articles
- Simplified cell phones for seniors with hearing problems
- Monarch butterfly population declines to dangerously low levels
- Williston’s Independence Day celebration
- Fourth of July festivities kick off Friday
- Feds greenlight GlobalFoundries acquisition of IBM Microelectronics
- Buttered Noodles closing its doors
- Can Taft Corners be foot-friendly?
- Town band tunes up: First summer concert is July 3